Merijn van Leeuwen
Merijn graduated from the University of Groningen in 2012 with a degree in Tax Law, moving on to become a tax consultant at one of the Big Four accountancy and tax consultancy firms, among other things, before working as senior legal assistant at the Tax Division of the Court of Gelderland.
Merijn’s qualities include an ability to first mark out the playing field before taking on the government. He persists until he achieves the best possible results for his clients and is not afraid of taking on confrontations.
- Tax-related lawsuits (objections and appeals)
- Tax-Penalty Law
- Voluntary disclosure scheme
- Help with the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wwft)
- Discussions about natural and legal persons’ residences for tax purposes
- Criminal Tax Law (Fiscal Intelligence and Investigation Service cases)
- Money laundering
Besides his work at FT-advocaten, Merijn van Leeuwen is a member of the Royal Netherlands Football Association’s (KNVB) Appeals Committee and author of the tax affairs platform fiscaal consult, for which he regularly writes articles.List of staff