Mark Hendriks joined FT-advocaten (formerly Jaegers & Soons) in 2003, rapidly acquiring a reputation as a powerfully persuasive tax lawyer with plenty of tact and resourcefulness. After graduating from Tilburg University with a degree in Tax Law and following several professional courses, Mark spent a few years working as a tax consultant at PwC. He’s now an expert on tax law and his clients appreciate his dedication and thoroughness. He’s known to be a tenacious litigator who is not afraid of taking decisive action.
Mark often makes the Dutch newspapers, thanks to his part in cases involving foreign assets. A prime example, featured on the Dutch current affairs programme Nieuwsuur and in major Dutch newspapers such as NRC and Telegraaf is the high-profile case in which the President of the Court reported the Ministry of Finance to the Public Prosecutor.
- Fiscale procedures (bezwaar en beroep)
- Fiscaal boete- en strafrecht
- Bijstand in het kader van de Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financieren van terrorisme (Wwft)
- Procedures over buitenlands vermogen
Mark is a member of:
- The Nederlandse Vereniging van Advocaten-Belastingkundigen (NVAB) [The Dutch Association of Lawyer-Tax Consultants]
- The Vereniging voor Belastingwetenschap [Society for Tax Studies]
- The Dutch Association of Tax Advisers (NOB)
- The Commissie Formeel Belastingrecht NOB [The NOB’s Procedural Tax Law Committee]
- The Vereniging van Cassatiespecialisten Belastingkamer (VCSB) [The Association of Tax Division Appeal Specialists]
In addition, Mark teaches Procedural Tax Law at the Stichting Opleiding Belastingadviseurs (SOB), annotates articles for the journal Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Fiscaal Recht (NTFR) and is much in demand as a speaker.List of staff